Cedar Village, the Jewish Community’s retirement community located in Mason, Ohio offers a full continuum of care. Our facility boasts a 162-bed Health Care Facility (including long term care and short term rehabilitation) and 105 Assisted and Independent Living Apartments. Cedar Village offers its residents and tenants a broad range of social, religious and cultural activities and programs designed to meet their needs and enhance their quality of life. Our mission, that aging will be an enriching and fulfilling experience for our older adults and their families, is visible everyday in everything that we do.
The 2017 Workum Resident Life Intern will be part of the Resident Life Department and will report to Tracy Hayes, Manager of the Resident Life Department. S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Managing our summer volunteer program
- Being the liaison to all Junior Volunteers that are working at Cedar Village for the summer.
- Working with Resident Life and the volunteers to maintain positive and active programming for the residents and teens
- Work with the Junior Volunteers on OMA: Opening Minds Through Art and Creative Arts and Aging Program.
The Workum Summer Intern should be:
- Interested in developing relationships with the elderly
- Enthusiastic , energetic and compassionate
- Flexible, dependable and motivated to make a difference in our residents’ lives
- Organized and independent
- Comfortable in a health care environment which includes many levels of care
- Available for occasional evening and Sunday programming, when necessary
The Workum Summer Intern will gain:
Insights from our elderly population, with an average age of 87
Education about opportunities in the health care industry
Involvement in meaningful intergenerational activities
Exposure to creative programming
Exposure to management and supervision of a group